ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 325



                                               

Fort Hollingsworth–White House

The Fort Hollingsworth–White House is a well-preserved example of an early frontier fort built near Alto, Georgia in the late 18th century. The fort was built around 1793 by Jacob Hollingsworth on newly opened lands resulting from treaties with t ...

                                               

Henry W. Grady House

The Taylor-Grady House, also known as the Henry W. Grady House, is a historic house museum and National Historic Landmark at 634 Prince Avenue in Athens, Georgia, United States. Built in the 1840s, this Greek Revival house is notable as the only ...

                                               

William Beith House

The William Beith House, now known as the Beith House Museum, is a Registered Historic Place located in St. Charles, Il. It largely retains its original riverstone exterior, while many other local structures have been significantly altered or cov ...

                                               

Dr. Richard Eells House

                                               

William L. Gregg House

Following the completion of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad in 1864, shares of the land that was to become Westmont were sold to Phipps Industrial Land Trust. Following the Great Chicago Fire in late 1871, this land was again sold to ...

                                               

Nicholas Jarrot Mansion

The Nicholas Jarrot Mansion is a historic house at 124 East First Street in Cahokia, Illinois and is operated as an inactive historic site by the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency. It is a State Historic Site, is listed on the National Regist ...

                                               

Jones House (Pontiac, Illinois)

The Jones House is a historic brick home in the Illinois city of Pontiac. The house is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places and is the second oldest brick house in Pontiac.

                                               

Little Brick House

Little Brick House is a restored 1860s middle class home in Vandalia, Illinois, located in Fayette County. The home is the only house in Vandalia to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has been listed as such since 1973.

                                               

Minnie Stewart House

The Minnie Stewart House, located at 1015 Euclid Ave. in Monmouth, Illinois, is the site of the formation of womens fraternity Kappa Gamma. The house was built by Judge James H. Stewart around 1865. Minnie Stewart, James daughter and a student at ...

                                               

C. H. Moore House

The C. H. Moore Homestead, in Clinton, Illinois, is one of two Registered Historic Places in DeWitt County. The other, the Magill House, was added to the Register in 2003. The Moore House was added in 1979.

                                               

Muller House

The Muller House is a historic house located at 500 North Vail Avenue in Arlington Heights, Illinois. F.W. Muller built the house for his family and their soda water business in 1882. The Muller business was one of the first commercial establishm ...

                                               

Robert R. McCormick Museum

                                               

Matthew T. Scott House

The Matthew T. Scott House is a historic house located in Chenoa, Illinois. Chenoas founder Matthew T. Scott and his wife Julia Green once lived in the house. It was built in two parts, The first section of the House was built in 1855 in a form k ...

                                               

Sheldon Peck Homestead

                                               

Elihu Benjamin Washburne House

The Elihu Benjamin Washburne House, also known as the Washburne-Sheehan House, is a ​ 1 ⁄ 2 -story Greek Revival house located at 908 Third Street in Galena, Illinois. Constructed in 1844–45, the building was built for and owned by Elihu Benjamin ...

                                               

Lindley House

The Thomas Elwood Lindley House was built on land granted in 1812 for Jonathan Lindley when he left North Carolina to settle in Orange County, Indiana. Jonathan was the grandfather of Thomas Elwood Lindley, and an influential Quaker. He served in ...

                                               

Lusk Home and Mill Site

The Lusk Home and Mill Site was the first development in present Turkey Run State Park, Indianas second oldest state park. Vermonter Salmon Lusk was awarded this land for serving in the Battle of Tippecanoe under William Henry Harrison. The Lusks ...

                                               

Paul Dresser Birthplace

The Paul Dresser Birthplace is located in Fairbanks Park in Terre Haute, Vigo County, Indiana, at the corner of First and Farrington Streets. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is the birthplace and boyhood home of Paul Dresse ...

                                               

Olmsted Family Farmhouse

The Olmsted Family Farmhouse, also known as the Olmsted-Urban House, is an historic building located in Urbandale, Iowa, United States. Leander and Charlotte Olmsted from Auburn, New York acquired 80 acres of land in Polk County, Iowa in 1867. Th ...

                                               

B.H. and J.H.H. Van Spanckeren Row Houses

The B.H. and J.H.H. Van Spanckeren Row Houses, also known as the Wyatt Earp House and the Pella Historical Society, is an historic building located in Pella, Iowa, United States. The Van Spanckerens were brothers who, along with their mother, Cat ...

                                               

Custer Home

Constructed in 1855 of native limestone, the Custer House is a historic house museum located on Fort Riley in Kansas, United States. It reflects Fort Rileys earliest history and authentically depicts military home life on the western frontier dur ...

                                               

Grinter Place

The house was constructed by Moses Grinter where he and his half-Lenape Delaware wife lived until he died in 1878 and she in 1905. Grinters wifes Indian name was" Windagamen,” which meant" Sweetness.” She was one of about 25 Delaware women who be ...

                                               

Warkentin House

The Warkentin House is a house in Newton, Kansas, United States. The home of Bernhard Warkentin and Wilhelmina Eisenmayer Warkentin, it was built between 1886 and 1887. It is listed on the Kansas Register of Historic Places and National Register ...

                                               

Barlow House Museum

Thomas Jefferson Barlow and his wife left Georgetown, KY in the spring of 1849 to settle in the" wilderness” of Ballard County. Barlow purchased 400 acres for $4/acre in territory later incorporated as the town of Barlow. Near the railroad depot ...

                                               

Samuel and Mary Logan Briggs House

The Samuel and Mary Logan Briggs House, at 315 W. Main St. in Stanford, Kentucky, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. It has also been known as the Harvey Helm Historic Library & Museum. It is a five-bay two-story weat ...

                                               

Butler-Turpin State Historic House

                                               

Old Fort Harrod State Park

Old Fort Harrod State Park is a park located in Harrodsburg, Kentucky in the United States. The park encompasses 15 acres and features a reconstruction of Fort Harrod, the first permanent American settlement in the state of Kentucky. The fort was ...

                                               

Royal Spring Park

Royal Spring Park is the site of a large spring in Georgetown, Kentucky that since the earliest settlements in the area has provided water for the area. In addition to the spring, the park has a log cabin built by a former slave, Milton Leach. Th ...

                                               

Joseph D. Bernard House

The Joseph D. Bernard House is a historic house located in Rayne, Louisiana in the United States. The house is the former home of the first mayor of the city of Rayne, Joseph Bernard. As one of the oldest homes in Rayne. Today, the house serves a ...

                                               

Redington Museum

The Redington Museum or Redington House is a historic house and museum in Waterville, Maine that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The museum is the headquarters of the Waterville Historical Society. Built in 1814, it is one ...

                                               

Marietta House Museum

                                               

Mount Aventine

Mount Aventine is a farm complex and national historic district located along the Potomac River in Bryans Road, Charles County, Maryland. The complex includes the main house; a second-quarter 19th century Greek Revival-influenced brick house. It ...

                                               

Poplar Hill Mansion

Major Levin Handy purchased 357 acres 1.44 km 2 of land outside of Salisbury in 1795 and began construction of this Federal-style building later that year. Due to lack of funds stemming from severe medical problems, Major Handy discontinued const ...

                                               

Price–Miller House

The Price–Miller House is a historic home located in Hagerstown, Washington County, Maryland, United States. It is a ​ 2 1 ⁄ 2 -story, brick Neoclassical-style townhouse that rests on a high-cut stone foundation, and was built circa 1824-1825. Th ...

                                               

Rackliffe House (Assateague State Park)

Rackliffe House is a restored 18th-century coastal plantation house overlooking Sinepuxent Bay. The house is located at 11700 Tom Patton Lane, Berlin, Maryland, 21811, within walking distance of the Assateague Island Visitor Center at Assateague ...

                                               

Schifferstadt (Frederick, Maryland)

Schifferstadt, Also known as Scheifferstadt, is the oldest standing house in Frederick, Maryland. Built in 1758, it is one of the nations finest examples of German-Georgian colonial architecture. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in ...

                                               

1753 House

The 1753 House is a historical replica of a regulation settler’s home in The Berkshires in 1753. Located in Field Park at the west end of Williamstown, Massachusetts, in the center of the roundabout at the intersection of Massachusetts Route 2 an ...

                                               

Atwood House Museum

The Atwood House Museum in Chatham, Massachusetts is a property of the Chatham Historical Society which, in 1926, purchased the property of Captain Joseph Atwood to protect the property and to display and preserve articles and documents related t ...

                                               

Brocklebank–Nelson–Beecher House

The Brocklebank–Nelson–Beecher House is a First Period Colonial house located at 108 East Main Street, Georgetown, Massachusetts. It is now a nonprofit museum owned by the Georgetown Historical Society. An admission fee is charged.

                                               

Capt. John Wilson House and Bates Ship Chandlery

The Capt. John Wilson House and Bates Ship Chandlery are historic buildings at 4 Elm Street in Cohasset, Massachusetts. They are now owned by the Cohasset Historical Society. Open in the summer, the Captain John Wilson House is now a historic hou ...

                                               

Cushing House Museum and Garden

The Cushing House Museum and Garden, also known as the Caleb Cushing House, is a Federal style mansion with a fine garden located at 98 High Street, Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States. It was a home of diplomat Caleb Cushing and is a Natio ...

                                               

Capt. Edward Durant House

The Durant-Kenrick House and Grounds is a historic late First Period house at 286 Waverly Avenue in Newton Centre, Massachusetts, that is now a historic house museum.

                                               

Elias Davis House

                                               

Fisher–Richardson House

The Fisher–Richardson House is a historic house at 354 Willow Street in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Built between 1743 and 1751, it is considered to be the towns oldest house. The house was restored in 1930, and is now a local history museum.

                                               

Fobes-ODonnell House

The Fobes-ODonnell House is a historic house museum at 1221 Old Turnpike Road in Oakham, Massachusetts. Probably built in the second half of the 18th century, it served as a tavern on what was then a major through road, and housed the towns first ...

                                               

Gen. Gideon Foster House

The Gen. Gideon Foster House is a historic house at 35 Washington Street in Peabody, Massachusetts. The two story Federal style wood frame house was built in the early 1800s at a location on Main Street. The house was bought in 1815 by Gideon Fos ...

                                               

George Peabody House Museum

The George Peabody House Museum is a historic house museum at 205 Washington Street in Peabody, Massachusetts. It is dedicated to the life and deeds of 19th century U.S. entrepreneur, philanthropist, and namesake of the city, George Peabody. The ...

                                               

Historic Deerfield

Historic Deerfield is a museum dedicated to the heritage and preservation of Deerfield, Massachusetts, and history of the Connecticut River Valley. Its historic houses, museums, and programs provide visitors with an understanding of New Englands ...

                                               

Isaac Winslow House

The Isaac Winslow House, also known as the Winslow House Museum, is a mansion located in Marshfield, Massachusetts built around 1700. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

                                               

John and Priscilla Alden Family Sites

The John and Priscilla Alden Family Sites is a National Historic Landmark consisting of two separate properties in Duxbury, Massachusetts, United States. Both properties are significant for their association with John Alden, one of the settlers o ...

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →